Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My first hike Langtang Valley and Yala Peak in Nepal- Was it worth it?

 

My first hike Langtang Valley and Yala Peak in Nepal- Was it worth it?

Trekking in the high mountains of Nepal has always been a dream for me. Ever since childhood, I have been especially fascinated by these sparkling mountains that are all snowy and charming. The views of the lush green Valley in between the majestic mountains and a chance to wander in these mountains as well as traditional houses and villages before these Himalayas has been a crazy dream of mine. Like all other people, this dream started with the research about the Everest base camp, but after some time, it made me realize that I should go for a rather less popular but culturally rewarding trekking route that is not so crowded and offers me absolute peace and solitude. This was the only reason why I picked the Langtang Valley trek.

Also, that was supposed to be an easy trek that takes you to the mountains, without weeks of hike, risk of altitude, sickness, or other difficulty, so for me being a first-time hiker, this felt like a good place to start.



How I book my Langtang Valley Trek?

Booking a Langtang Valley Trek was in fact, not so hard. I had a friend who had completed the Manaslu Trek in Nepal and recommended Himalayan Masters for me. I emailed the owner of the company, we communicated for a while and he designed the special itinerary as per my time and need.


As I will be traveling solo, they also found a group who was departing from Kathmandu to Langtang at a similar time, thus booked the trip and also found a group with whom I could travel together. When I arrived in Nepal, they even picked me up from the airport and dropped me off on the final day. I believe that my overall experience had been so charming because I had a responsible travel companytravel company to assist me.


How did I train for the Langtang Valley Trek?

Langtang Valley Trek is said to be the easiest and shortest trek in Nepal. I was told that I would not need a lot of training for this particular journeyrticularjourney. Also, since the highest altitude was below 3500 m, there were only less chances of altitude sickness. Even so, I did a few hours of hiking and jogging each week, almost 3 months before the trek and I must say that these little exercises have been really helpful when I was on the route.


What was the experience at Langtang Valley like?

When I landed in Nepal, I felt the warmth of the city quickly. Thamel, the tourist center of Kathmandu was quite charming and here I did some shopping while also preparing for the trek on the second day of Nepal. On the third day, we were directly headed to the Langtang Valley. I did take a private ride from Kathmandu to the starting point of our trip, so, it was a pleasant ride with the views of high hills and mountains all around.

The second and third day of climbing might have been the hardest one. It was a long journey from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel on the second day and to Langtang village on the third day. Although we walked for 6 to 7 hours, we did manage to have a lot of rest and enough sleep. The views were so pleasing that you almost forgot how much walking you need to do. The fourth day of the hike from Langtang village to Kyinjim Gompa was only 3 hours and very pleasing. Resting in the proximity of such an amazing mountain was such a pleasure.


Why I climbed Yala Peak also?

Yes, I did not plan to climb Yala Prek from the very beginning. All I was planning to do was the Langtang Valley Trek. but when I came to Kathmandu, I got to know that the team I was traveling together was going to the Yala Peak also. This climbing peak of about 6000 m was quite challenging, but I felt like I should at least give it a try. And I am so glad that I did. I made it to the top and yes it was hard, but when I remember the moment now, I feel so glad that I chose to extend my trip for four days and take my adventure further higher at such an altitude.further higher at such an altitude. The views from the top which just so amazing and I remember how happy I felt when I finally made it to the top. However, I do not recommend such peak climbing without good physical training and proper arrangements. I am glad that I had a guide from Himalayan Masters and a team called to assist me with everything. I will definitely be traveling to Nepal again, but this time maybe I will do a different route.